fat loss- have changed meds. please answer

hi i am a positive female who has been living with hiv for 5 years. i have been on meds for nearly 3 & my first regim was sustiva & truvada was doing great on that, last lab results were cd4 500 & vl undetectable, but me & my partner want a baby & i chnaged due to sustiva not being safe. i am now on kaletra & truvada. i think im doing well on them im due for my first check up in a couple of weeks. my question is whilst being on my first set of meds i experienced some fat loss in arms legs & a face. i was wondering now i have changed meds do u think this will reverse it or is kaletra well known for fat loss as i am very scared of losing anymore as i suffer from anxiety as it is & fat loss makes it very hard to even want to go out in public. thank you so much for your time.

Thanks for your post.

I'd think that the switch from Sustiva to Kaletra should not increase your risk of further fat loss. Indeed, it might actually improve things.

In a large ACTG clinical trial (5142), patients who took Kaletra were much less likely to develop fat loss than those to took Sustiva.

So in your case, I'd think the switch is both recommended for pregnancy and ok for lipoatrophy.

Best of luck, BY

baby test
could morphine-induced IL-2 suppression be causing low CD4?