Long time positive no meds

My question is this. I have been positive for several years and maintained a high CD4 and low viral load. I have been in the hight 800's but now I am starting to drop quickly. Is there a medication or medications that could help to stop this. My doctor thinks we should wait and see if it is just a normal chang e that has been affected by the enviromental changesbecause I moved from Utah to Arizona.

Thanks for your post.

Moving from Utah to Arizona won't change your CD4 counts in any appreciable way. First, look at your absolute and percentages- if you don't see much change in CD4 percentage, then not to worry.

If you see a simultaneous (and proportional) drop in both absolute (200/800=25%) and percentage, then this would suggest that your immune health is indeed declining.

There really aren't any great methods in preventing this decline, though prevention of active infections, such as herpes may blunt the decline. There are also data that suggest that selenium replacement may play a role in slowing decline.

Mostly, I'd keep a close eye on the changes. Talk to your new healthcare provider about the trends and when/what to start treatment.

Be well, BY

dear doc Wohl
hiv whit cancer