progress of new HAART

Hi. I've been HIV+ for 15 months and started my first regimen of Reyataz + Norvir + Epzicom one month ago. At the time, my CD4 260 and v.l 24,000 CD4% 14%. So far so good as far as side effects (minor yellowing of the eyes and a slightly "altered" feeling) My doc wants me to have more bloodwork done in a couple of weeks to see how things are going. What sort of number changes can i expect to see in such a short amount of time?

I suspect you will see a decline of your viral load and your CD4 cell count may be the same or higher as it takes time for the CD4 cell count to rise.

Your bilirubin will be up - accounting for the yellow eyes but if not too high should not be a concern.

Keep up with the medication and the numbers should continue to improve.

Niacin and athletic endurance events
Adenoid hypertrophy