Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

progress of new HAART
Apr 22, 2008

Hi. I've been HIV+ for 15 months and started my first regimen of Reyataz + Norvir + Epzicom one month ago. At the time, my CD4 260 and v.l 24,000 CD4% 14%. So far so good as far as side effects (minor yellowing of the eyes and a slightly "altered" feeling) My doc wants me to have more bloodwork done in a couple of weeks to see how things are going. What sort of number changes can i expect to see in such a short amount of time?

Response from Dr. Wohl

I suspect you will see a decline of your viral load and your CD4 cell count may be the same or higher as it takes time for the CD4 cell count to rise.

Your bilirubin will be up - accounting for the yellow eyes but if not too high should not be a concern.

Keep up with the medication and the numbers should continue to improve.

DW

Previous
Niacin and athletic endurance events
Next
Adenoid hypertrophy

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.