Niacin and athletic endurance events
Apr 22, 2008
My Physician just prescribed Niacin to reduce my triglycerides. Will Niacin reduce my energy stores in events like triathlons? Typically my body is working at about 80-90% of my max heart rate for anywhere between 3-6 hours. I am a male, 47 years old.
Response from Dr. Wohl
I am aware of no deleterious effect of niacin on athletic performance.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Warts On Your Hands?
- Chances Of Getting Cervical Cancer If You Are Monogamous
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.