|Niacin and athletic endurance events
Apr 22, 2008
My Physician just prescribed Niacin to reduce my triglycerides. Will Niacin reduce my energy stores in events like triathlons? Typically my body is working at about 80-90% of my max heart rate for anywhere between 3-6 hours. I am a male, 47 years old.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
I am aware of no deleterious effect of niacin on athletic performance.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
- Would Hpv Show Up In A Blood Test
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What Does Herpes On The Tounge Look Like?
- What Color Is Chlamydia Discharge?
- What Causes Genital Warts To Come Back?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.