|nuprigen shot while on chemo
Apr 22, 2008
My mother has to take five nuprigen shots after taking chemo for lung cancer. We have been told that there is no substitute for the shot but when she went to get her shot this past weekend the nurse told her that they didn't have the nuprigen in the pharmacy so they were using a substitute. Is there a substitute?
| Response from Dr. Young
Not to worry.
There are different brand name products, very similar to "Neupogen" (G-CSF)- these include "Granulocyte' and "Neulasta".
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Receptive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Does Any Std Affect Your Urine Flow?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.