|Does Chantix block Methadone from reaching the receptors in the brain?
Apr 22, 2008
I have been on 60mgs of methadone for 1 year. Reading through the Chantix material, it states that the drug works by blocking receptors in the brain from absorbing the dopimine from nicotine. Wouldn't Chantix also block the receptors from absorbing the effects of Methadone?
| Response from Dr. Young
Chantix is a highly selective inhibitor of the nicotine receptor. Since this is entirely different than the opioid receptors that narcotics (and methadone) use, there should be no interaction with methodone.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dizziness After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Licking Rectum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.