Apr 18, 2008
I have been HIV positive for 1 year with no complications or resisitance. My Doctor here in thailand just prescribed me 4 pills to take every night.
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
This is an excellent and highly recommended first-line treatment combination. A very similar coformulated medication, Atripla is used here in the US. Generally side effects are mild, and are related to the efavirenz component of the regimen. Be aware that the psychological side effects of efavirenz are usually only significant for the first few days of treatment, and fade with time.
A quick search of the forum on Atripla should get you a lot of patients' reports.
Best of luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hiv If You Have A Rash On Your Legs?
- Does Hiv Causes Change In Hair?
- Effects Of Smoking Addiction On Peripheral Neuropathy
- Can You Tell How Long Someone Has Been Hiv Positive?
- If I Have A Small Closed Cut On My Finger Is There A Chance Of Getting Hiv?
- Will Having My Genital Warts Removed Decrease My Chances Of Spreading It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.