Good Prescription?

I have been HIV positive for 1 year with no complications or resisitance. My Doctor here in thailand just prescribed me 4 pills to take every night.

1 300mg Viread + 1 600mg stocrin (efavirnz) + 2 150mg Lamivudine (lamivir). Is this a good combinations in terms of reducing viral Load, increasing CD4 and low Side effects? Thanks for your advise.

Thanks for your post.

This is an excellent and highly recommended first-line treatment combination. A very similar coformulated medication, Atripla is used here in the US. Generally side effects are mild, and are related to the efavirenz component of the regimen. Be aware that the psychological side effects of efavirenz are usually only significant for the first few days of treatment, and fade with time.

A quick search of the forum on Atripla should get you a lot of patients' reports.

Best of luck, BY

HIV and acute cough
Do meds help with allergies?