Apr 12, 2008
I experience GERD to the point of heart and throat palpations real severe.I have been taking Nexium for years, no longer helps. I watch what I eat,lost 30 lbs. Also diabetic.Any suggestions on what to take?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
The only HIV medication with a significant drug-drug interaction with proton-pump inhibitors, like Nexium, is atazanavir (Reyataz). For this reason, for my patients with serious issues with GERD or acid indigestion, I'll tend to avoid Reyataz in favor of other medications.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV Infection Risk Sex With Hooker Condom Broke
- Risk Of Sharing A Cigarette
- Are Red Spots An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Swollen Lymph Glands Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.