dosage of boosted Lexiva

On meds for about a month, Was told by my provider to change my twice daily regimen of Lexiva 700/Norvir 100 (1400/200) to just once a day and take 2 tabs Lexiva and one Norvir. 1400/100. He said studies suggest the once a day regimen with 100 Norvir is equivalent. I also take truvada in the evening. It certainly is easier to take 4 pills just once a day. Any comments? Thanks

Thanks for your post.

If you've not had any previous issues with drug resistance or treatment failure of a PI regimen, then your doctor's advice is correct.

Ritonavir (Norvir)-boosted fosamprenavir (Lexiva, Telzir) can indeed be taken once-daily (100 mg + 1400 mg). Several recent clinical trials support the use of this combination, and your meds can all be taken together at once.

Indeed, the combination of ritonavir/fosamprenavir (100/1400) are the most commonly "3rd drugs" selected for first-line treatment in our clinic.

I hope this helps. Write back and let us know how the switch works for you.

BY

meds change
Atripla and Ginko Biloba