meds change

doctor Young my son is on videx, zerit and kaletra and i keep reading here that videx and zerit is a deadly combination what can i switch him to

Thanks for your post.

Your correct that the combination of d4T (Zerit) and ddI (Videx) is generally not recommended because of significantly increased risk of side effects and toxicity. Regimens like this are generally reserved for situations where there are few alternative treatment options.

In today's world of multiple well-tolerated treatment options, I'd find it difficult to believe that (at least in the US and Western Europe) there aren't other less risky options.

I can't provide specific recommendations here without knowing the details of your son's previous treatment history or drug resistance patterns- but feel free to write me back here and perhaps I can find some possibilities.

BY

Pre-Employment Drug Screening
dosage of boosted Lexiva