|Pre-Employment Drug Screening
Apr 10, 2008
I am on Reyataz, Norvir and Truvada and will be doing a pre-employment drug test Do you know if any of these can produce a false positive for illicit drug use? If the data is unknown - is there any way I can find out before my employer does the blood/urine test for drugs? I am also on Lamictal for depression - do you know if this would elicit a false positive? Thanks in advance. Great forum
| Response from Dr. Young
We get this question frequently.
The only HIV medication that could cause a false positive test is efavirenz. This is rarely, if ever a problem any more, since newer drug tests don't cross react.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Color Is Chlamydia Discharge?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- What Are The Odds Of My Partner Having Genital Warts And Me Not?
- What Are The Characteristics Of Chlamydia Disease?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Shingles?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.