Increasing CD4s short of meds?

Hi! I've been pos for over 2 years and have yet to start treatment. My CD4 is 280 and my VL 5,500.

Do you know of anything, short of taking antiretrovirals, that would increase my CD4s?!? Thanks!

Response from Dr. DeJesus

There are a few agents in research that appears to increase CD4 counts, the question is why do you want more CD4 counts if you are not going to treat the HIV???

Do you know that HIV attacks and multiply in the CD4 cells? So, having more of those "CD4-HIV factories" may not be a good thing for you, if your HIV is not under control.

More than a decade ago, that theory was put to test with the use of interlukens, without good results.

If your CD4 count is dropping treat what is causing that drop the virus!...the CD4 counts will increase then on their own.

lifespan of patient on viraday
Lipo; Meds