A few words of hope and love

To all readers and to the wonderful staff at The Body

It is true that most people posting here are the one experiencing problems, fears, doubt and I can safely say this since I was one of them some three years ago when I started treatment.

It's been more than two years since my last post.

Well, here are I am again. Undetectable viral load, CD4 around 900 and up 40%, No real side effects (maybe a little gain of weight, and the common tiresome that we all suffer), and most important, having a wonderful life.

I'm french, professional musician, and I do travel a lot. As a matter of fact, I do come to your wonderful country quite often, always fearing I'm gonna get caught for being POZ, like I'm a drug dealer... that's an other topic.

I'm just posting today to let you all know that there is life after HAART. Hell yeah !! I've been traveling the world in the past three years, including a four weeks tour in Africa, visiting ten countries. Three years ago, I had a 500 000 viral load, with 300 Cd4 and had to do 9 chimio sessions due to a severe Kaposi Sarcoma.

My thoughts go often to you who have had years of treatment with the bad side effects and virus mutations. You're the HIV heroes and your fights make me proud to be part of that community,

I understand I'm very lucky. Lucky I started treatment after 2000, when they started to be much more friendly. Lucky to be in a country that actually has treatment and that give them FOR FREE (You heard me folks). Lucky to be educated enough so I can understand the issues, the pros and cons, and be active in the healing process. Lucky to have met the best doctors on hearth, who respect me and my judgments. And lucky to have found places like here to confront my doubts and fears.

They are still with me everyday. But over the course of the last years and my experiencing treatment, I must say my hope has grown stronger too. I do believe in life, and in living it to its fullest. Every day is a gift I intend to honor. I do believe science is going to find better ways to treat us soon. I do believe we need to support and love each other. And I do believe WE MUST DO ALL WE CAN SO EVERYBODY IN THIS EARTH HAS FREE ACCESS TO TREATMENT.

This post is meant to share some of this hope. And show you some love.

Very best to all, `

And a huge thanks again to all of you who take some of your precious time to make this place such a beautiful thing.

Laurent.

Merci, Laurent-

Your words and shared experiences reflect a lot of thought and will be of undoubted value to many of our readers.

Be well,

BY

multivitamins
Am I in danger?