Mar 30, 2008
hi I was diagnosed with HIV a year ago.My T Cell count is 543 but my medical aid , together with my doctor prescribed purbac to use daily.I feel that i dont need because my cd4 count is a bit high.
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Purbac is a trade name for a version of trimethoprim/sulfa (AKA Bactrim, Cotrimoxazole). If your CD4 count is reproducibly above 200, you don't need to take Purbac for PCP prevention.
I'd ask your doctor or healthcare provider why your being prescribed the medication.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Risk Of Lap Dance?
- AIDS Infection Risk Sex With A Prostitute
- Can You Contract HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.