oxandrolone still low testosterone

Hi

Thank you in advance for the wonderful responses i have received over the course of a couple of years. My brother in law has aids and spent 9months in a hospital, too many complications to even begin here but he survived and is living with my family. He is very complicated because he had numerous complications that go beyond ones imagination. Anyhow his testosterone levels had been and still remain very low. He has been on oxandrolone for about a year. He was at 85lbs a year ago and about 170lbs now so you can imagine the extreme wasting he had. His levels are still extremely low, and he to me is showing signs of stroid rage. He is hostile, and paranoid, and just not seeing things for what they are. We do have a call in to his endroconoligist, but i like to educate myself first. My theory is the oxandrolone is interfering with his natural production of testosterone, and therefore his levels remain low but the oxandrolone is still giving him the effects of roid rage despite the fact that his levels still remain very low. It seems to me his body is not metabolizing it in the right fashion or having the effect it was meant to have. I must say he has a trainer see him twice a week, and eats well now. do you think a trial without replacement may be indicated, and that his levels may increase on their own

Thanks for your post.

My quick interpretation of your BIL's situation agrees with yours. If he's gained back all of this weight, I'd think that he no longer needs the anabolic steroid, oxandrolone. Indeed, it sounds like he's experiencing some of the characteristic side effects of the drug. Since oxandrolone will likely inhibit the natural production of testosterone, the low levels are easily explained.

I'd recommend that he stop the oxandrolone and perhaps switch to testosterone replacement- this should be discussed with his healthcare provider.

Best of luck, BY

shingles vaccine?
switching meds