Mar 26, 2008
Any update on answer from Aug 2006 that the Shingles vaccine is not recommended for HIVers?
My specifics, 52 years old, POZ for 10 years, CD 500, no viral load, Lexiva-Truvada-Norvir. Recurrent shingles 3-4 times per year; usually responds well to Valtrex.
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your follow up, so many months later.
Given your normal-range CD4 count and recurrent shingles, I'd think that I'd proceed.
I hope this helps.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Do I Get Shingles Even After I Have Had The Vaccination?
- Itchy Scrotum After Getting Scratched Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can You Get Trichomoniasis Without Have Sex?
- Chances Of Getting Cervical Cancer If You Are Monogamous
- Does Hpv Cause Dizziness?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.