constant dizziness, high VL, do I need treatment only 4 months after infection?

Hi Doctor, I was infected 4 months ago in Dec07. As of March08, CD4 555 (decreased to 28% from 36% in Feb), VL 107000. I am experiencing constant dizziness (as well as recurrent gum infections which is very unusual for me). In late February, I had a tetanus/diphteria/polio shot. I am just afraid that due to the immunization my immune system failed to suppress the viral load to a lower setpoint and I am one of the fast progressors. Could the constant dizziness and recurrent gum infections be explained by that? My doctor is worried about the situation and thinks that I may need to start treatment pretty soon within a year of infection. Wouldn't that be quite unusual? I am under lot of stress and I was hoping I would have several years before starting treatment.

Thanks for your post.

While it's reasonable to want to wait as long as possible to start medications, one shouldn't use the calendar to assess when to start. Rather, it's prudent to assess one's labs (CD4, viral load) and symptoms.

If you and your healthcare provider are unable to explain your ongoing symptoms (especially with your high viral load), I'd be considering my treatment options.

Best of health, BY

atripla generic
atripla side effect