AZT is poison?

Since AZT is a toxic poison will one of you healthy all knowing doctors out there DARE to take AZT for 6 months?

I'm not sure what your agenda is, but here's my two cents.

No medication comes without a balance of risks and benefits. For those who have HIV infection, the potential benefit of HIV medication generally outweighs the risks of side effects. On the other hand, without HIV, the risks are unbalanced, since there is limited benefit to the "patient" (outside of PEP and prevention of mother to child transmission).

AZT is no longer viewed as a first choice medication in the US and Western Europe, but remains a mainstay of life-saving combination therapy for HIV around the world-- the medication is entirely endorsed by evidence based medicine and the World Health Organization. The use of AZT, alone or in combination has prevented many children from acquiring HIV from their mothers. These are not traits that I would attribute to a "poison", as you call it.

Last, I'm sure that there are some of my colleagues (HIV+) who have taken AZT for many months. As for your dare, I indeed have taken AZT; the older high-dose AZT in post-exposure prophylaxis for a month (many years ago after a high risk occupational exposure). It wasn't a garden party, but I'm happy to report that I wasn't poisoned, and I remain HIV negative.

BY

can i take a 4 months dose of HIV med?
HIV+ partner