Taking only 2 of 3 RX HIV Meds

I take Lexiva, Zerit and Epivir. I ran out of Lexiva for 5 days and decided not to take my Zerit and Epivir until I got a new supply of Lexiva so i can take all three meds at the same time.

Is it most likely best to have continued to taken the Zerit and Epivir for those 5 days until my new supply of Lexiva arrived?

Thanks for your post.

You did the right (if not optimal) thing. It's really never a good idea to take only 2 of your 3 ongoing HIV medications. Had you done this, after 5 days, you'd only have d4T (Zerit) and 3TC (Epivir) in your body-- a dual nucleoside regimen-- prone to drug resistance and risking failure of the entire regimen.

On a separate note, why are you on d4T and 3TC? This nuke combo has fallen far from favor for first-line treatments?

BY

Hope for others?
Drug resistance and infection