Hope for others?

This site has been invaluable. It has answered all my questions quickly and honestly.

Diagnosed June '07 after yearly negative test results. Initial v/l 262,000 and tcells at 20%/350. Monitored every 2 months, age 50 and in great overall health.

Doctor and I agreed that it was time to start meds in Jan when tcells his 298, despite a constant decreasing viral load - last test result pre-meds was 41,000.

Taking Kaletra and Truvada with 2x a day dosing on the Kaletra to minimize side effects and maximize drug levels in the blood. (He believes strongly that even first timers benefit more from 2x a day and if successful, then can evaluate going to 1x a day).

After only 5 1/2 weeks I got lab results back today - I am UNDETECTABLE! tcells are at 390 and % is 21..highest ever.

No real question but wanted to share with others never give up hope, maintain a positive attitude, and focus on a healthy lifestyle, including what you eat.

I am euphoric to say the least and wanted to share with others that there IS hope. And yes, I got a bug that was resistant to all NNRTIs out of the gate so Atripla was not an option.

Only minimal side effects the first few days and the only thing that lingers is a slight bitter taste from the Kaletra so low cal mints it is for the time being!!

Keep thae faith, whatever yours may be folks!!

Thanks for your post and supportive words.

I hope that others will find this helpful and might share their positive stories.

BY

tox screen + on antivirals
Taking only 2 of 3 RX HIV Meds