Mar 14, 2008
I have been taking efavirenzs and combivar for a year now.When i went for my first viral load test it was very low then I went again a month later it came back very high does this suggest that there is resistance. I am still waiting for my oter results to see if ther was an error or something
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
It's important to confirm the viral load result with a second test, and if confirmed, drug resistance testing is highly recommended.
I hope the test was in error,
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Sore Throat Mean I Have Hiv?
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Thrush From Salt Water?
- List Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.