Numbers and meds (follow up)
Mar 11, 2008
Hi Dr. Young. I'm following up on a question you answered for me 5 weeks ago. My CD4 280 and v.l.125,000. I spent the time healing my body by giving my immune system all the micro nutients, water, exercise and rest it needed. I feel emotionally healthy & my energy level has never been better. My MD re-ran the tests and picked them up today. My CD4 dropped a bit to 253 but my v.l. decreased to 24,000. What's up with that? Btw we have made a plan to start meds in a week or so and I'm lucky to be working with a great doc. Thanks for your help.
Response from Dr. Young
Either way (and either set of labs), it would seem that you've got confirmed CD4 counts in the range where I (and treatment guidelines) recommend starting HIV medications.
Best of luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Hands After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.