Numbers and meds (follow up)

Hi Dr. Young. I'm following up on a question you answered for me 5 weeks ago. My CD4 280 and v.l.125,000. I spent the time healing my body by giving my immune system all the micro nutients, water, exercise and rest it needed. I feel emotionally healthy & my energy level has never been better. My MD re-ran the tests and picked them up today. My CD4 dropped a bit to 253 but my v.l. decreased to 24,000. What's up with that? Btw we have made a plan to start meds in a week or so and I'm lucky to be working with a great doc. Thanks for your help.

Good to hear back from you, your two sets of labs have very similar CD4 counts, but a pretty big drop in the viral load.

Either way (and either set of labs), it would seem that you've got confirmed CD4 counts in the range where I (and treatment guidelines) recommend starting HIV medications.

Best of luck, BY

African American Epzicom/Truvada
Is excersing good?