cd 4

Hello Dr. Benjamin, this question is pursuant to a few questions I had asked you about my friend. She has been on combivir and stocrin for a year and a half. Eight months ago her CD4 was 84 while the percentage was 4. Before this the CD4 had been 87 and the percentage 3. This february she was tested and her CD4 is only 94 and the percentage 16. What do you make of this? Why is the CD4 increasing by only 7 ove the last eight months? Is there possibility of drug resistance? Best regards

Thanks for the follow up.

It would seem to me (while a premature conclusion on the basis of one test) that your friends CD4s are improving. Well, at least the CD4 percentage is.

What's not clear from the information you've provided is whether the viral load is detectable or not. The CD4 count really is a poor yardstick for viral load and therefore, drug resistance.

I hope this helps, BY

RE AIDS FATAL"
want to get pregnant