Double dose of Sustiva and Truvada

I am doing very well on my treatment. Viral load undetectable and CD4: 43%. Never missed a dose. But yesterday forgot I had taken my dose before bedtime and took another. I could not wake up till 13.30. In fact I woke up a little earlier but had to remain in bed. What could happen for taking a double dose? Thank you! Juan (Madrid-Spain)

Hola Juan,

I think that you've experienced the worse of the double dosing-- meaning an extra dose of efavirenz (Sustiva, Stocrin) side effects. Short of this, you should be fine.

One suggestion is to use a pill box-- this can help one sort out if the daily dose of medications has been taken or not. It's not unusual for people to forget (not to take the medications, but actually the opposite, whether the dose was taken).

Be well, BY

Protein shake and Atripla
RE AIDS FATAL"