HIV

My cd4 count is 367 and my doctor has told me that i'm fine. there's no need to take medication. My question is should I start taking medication? if so, what would you recomend. I'm very concerned

Thanks for your post.

If your asymptomatic, you don't formally meet the criteria for starting medications, since your CD4 count is over 350. That said, one should never base this decision on a single lab test and I'd would suggest having a second "baseline" assessment before drawing any solid conclusion.

Furthermore, there is enough day-to-day variability in the test that a value of 367 is close enough to 350 that if I were you (and the second test confirms the first), that I'd be looking at starting medications proactively, rather than waiting for my health risk to increase (or health to decrease).

I hope that this helps, BY

Partners Medication will vary?
what is the best regimen for me?