Partners Medication will vary?

Why is it that I am on different med's than my partner. He is the source of my HIV infection. (We do not see the same doctor). Is it normal that the doctor will prescribe different med's? Will my body react to the strain differently than his did?

Thanks for your post.

Your interesting question highlights the fact that while there are viral factors that influence treatment choices, there are many patient-related factors too. Hence, doctors and patients should look at the viral resistance patterns and the patient's health and social factors in the selection of medications. Additionally, doctors have different opinions and experiences with medications.

Assuming that you and your partner are not identical (and social) twins, it's not surprising to me that two well-trained doctors might select two different drug regimens for two different patients.

Be well, BY

Abacavir and heart attacks
HIV