Lexiva

Recently I switched from Kaletra/Truvada to Lexiva/Norvir and Truvada. My ID doc wants me to dose with 700mg Lexiva + 100mg Norvir in the morning, followed by 700 mg of Lexiva in the evening only. My VL was undectable and CD4 was 900 when the switch was made this past week. This is not an approved dosing routine, but our objective was to lower the norvir as I have noticed my skin appears red like a sunburn which we suspect is related to the Norvir. My ID doc indicates that there are successful studies using this routine. Any thoughts, will I maintain a sufficient plasma level of Lexiva to maintain an undectable VL?

Thanks for your post

The use of 100 mg ritonavir (Norvir) with 1400 mg fosamprenavir (Lexiva, Telzir) is indeed FDA approved for first-line use. There are a number of studies that support this dosing, though for simplicity, the entire 3 pill PI regimen (with Truvada) can be taken at once.

Be well, BY

AIDS fatal - FOLLOW UP
tetrasilver