AIDS FATAL?

DR I am living in the UK, I am 40 years old, white, male, non smoker, no drugs,low alcohol intake, normal cholestral/blood pressure. Not overweight and in pretty good shape. It is now 2 years since I was given an AIDS diagnosis CD4 130 12%, VL >100,000, KS, weight loss, fever etc and started treatment immediately, 100% adherence. It has taken a bit of time to get well again but am now healthy, fit and well CD4 390 22% VL< 40 for last 15 months. Unfortunately my employer of 9 years has dismissed me citing ill health and the fact that "AIDS can be fatal". This statement was made by a HR person, medically unqualified. So my question is this from the information you have on me and your own experience,what is your view on this statement and attitude. My dismissal has caused a huge amount of stress, particularly as I feel I have fought long and hard with the help and support of medical staff to get well again. And now it seems, well it seems I just got my life back to have part of it unfairly snatched away. Thanks

Thank you for your post.

While HIV/AIDS can be fatal, on successful therapy (such as yours), there's no reason to believe that your life expectancy, nor work productivity need be compromised.

I don't understand the statement by the HR person in your company. In this country (USA), such dismissal would not be acceptable and likely worthy of challenge in court.

BY

High count of SGOT and SGPT!
AIDS fatal question - Feedback from the UK