High count of SGOT and SGPT!

Good Day*_*

Sir thank you so much for replying on my question. actually i realy dont know how high my SGOT and SGPT. my doctor did not explaine it well she prescribe me to take sylimarine (Liver aid capsule) then she said that i need to lessen taking salty foods and protein. i dont understand how come that i have a high count SGOT and SGPT. i under go medical examination not less than a year and theres no result as like this, is it posible sir that maybe they come up for a wrong result? im planning to work abroad that is why they are very strict in medical. thanks so much sir B.Y this is Athan

Athan,

Thank you for your reply-- I'm guessing that you don't live in the US. Here we don't subscribe to the use of "liver detoxifying" herbs, like Sylimarine. Such medications are commonly used without significant evidence of benefit.

It's entirely possible that your labs were in error, or were a transient elevation. Often a repeated second set of labs can sort this out.

I'd discuss this further with your doctor-- ask how high your liver test abnormalities were; this can help us with additional thoughts.

Best of health, BY

Discontinuation of Prophylaxis
AIDS FATAL?