Mar 2, 2008
my cd4 in december 2007 was 283,,, and turned 209 in march 2008,,, december vl was 9000,,,, how u read this ,, does this means virulent virus,,, i am not on treatment yet ty
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for posting.
Since you have 2 CD4 count measurements below 300, I'd strongly recommend starting HIV treatments. The fact that you have the declines in immune function suggest that the virus is causing disease progression-- yes, nearly all cases of HIV virus involve immune dysfunction, hence virulent virus.
My brothers 80 count
- Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Can Antibiotics Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- What Is The Rate Of Death To Teens From Stds?
- Can Lymph Nodes Swelling Be The Only Symptom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.