My brothers 80 count

Thank you Dr Young for the information on my brother. Does his low count of 80 mean he is going to get worse? Can he get better or is this a really bad sign. He is in fact on bactrim. That was the first medicine they prescribed him on. Now he is taking a three part medicine treatment.

Thanks for the follow up post.

I'm glad to hear that your brother is on Bactrim (Septra, Cotrimoxazole) to prevent Pneumocystis pneumonia.

Now that he is on his triple drug regimen for HIV (and that he will be adherent to the medications), I'd fully expect that his CD4 count should improve over time. We typically expect a minimum of a 100 cell rise over the first year of treatment; it's not uncommon to see counts increase as much as 200 cells.

Best of health, BY

asthma
percentage