|Decrease cd4 in chldren
Feb 28, 2008
Child is aged about 14 years old.weight 29-30kg .His medication are zidovudine,lamivudine and nevirapine taking 3/4 of adult doses for last 4 years. His cd4 count is 58 only and it was 66 six months back.HELP ME
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
These two lab tests are practically identical and I wouldn't conclude that there is any clinically relevant difference.
Such a low CD4 count after 4 years on treatment is indicative of treatment failure. I'm concerned about the possibility of drug resistance and treatment failure- can a viral load test be done in your location?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Sore On Mouth After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Donate Blood If You Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.