Feb 28, 2008
I have a question ,pls. I am on kaletra+combivir for about 1 year and 3 months but this winter i had pneumonia.. I want to take echinaccea to boost my system also.. Can you, pls tell me if there is any interractions between my meds and echinaccea? Thank you!
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
There are no significant drug-drug interactions between your HIV medications and echinacea; I'm not a big believer in benefit from the botanical product.
Here's an overview from TheBody.com on the subject.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Herpes Simplex Go Away On Its Own?
- Where Does Herpes Live In The Body?
- What Will Happen If I Don't Treat Shingles?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- What Are The Stages Of Chlamydia?
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Chlamydia With A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.