Atrripla in the AM

I tested poz in 1997 and have been undetectable with good T-cell counts since one month after starting meds. I recently switched to Atripla by choice (two regimen changes over the years and not b/c they stopped working).

Question: Taking Atripla at night is a chore b/c often I don't get to eat dinner until later. Because I rarely have breakfast I am thinking an AM dose would be easier. Is there a compelling reason to make lifestyle changes and keep it at night?

Thanks for your post.

The issue of efavirenz and late night meals is overstated, in my view. If you tolerate your efavirenz after meals (meaning that your side effects in the morning are ok), then there's no reason to switch to the most unconventional daytime dosing of the medication. Taking the medication with food only raises the drug levels, but doesn't affect the potency of the medication in a negative way.

Push come to shove though, some persons can take efavirenz-based treatments, like Atripla in the daytime (though many cannot).

I hope this is helpful, BY

Can Vitamins Help?
Looking for a Doctor