Meds

I have been taking combination therapy drugs for 8 years now. I have heard about Atripla. Any reason to not switch, for the convenience of one pill a day?

It's always understandable that one would want to switch to simple, once-daily treatments. The real issue about switching to tenofovir/FTC/efavirenz (Atripla or Truvada+Sustiva) is whether there is any reason to suspect that these medications are not ideal for you.

This means understanding your risks of having drug resistance, kidney disease or intolerance of efavirenz (at the very least). Any switch in successful medications should be undertaken with a full understanding of the potential benefits and risks of the switch- this means having a thoughtful discussion with your healthcare provider about your concerns and unmet needs of your current (successful) treatment regimen.

I hope this helps. BY

Vitamins
Can Vitamins Help?