Time to start?

After being just diagnosed for 2 years , my doctors think its time i started therapy, my last exams have shown a cd4 count of 298 and my viral load climbed from 1500 to 39000. What is your view ? I am 30yo and i wonder if it is possible to stop the meds in the future if my numbers reach a satisfying level...

thank you in advance, Yi-Io

Yi Lo,

Thank you for your post.

If your labs are confirmed by a second set-- meaning the CD4 count remains below 350 and the HIV viral load is significantly increased from your previous values, then if you are willing, I'd recommend starting treatment.

While it is always possible to stop treatment, at this point, the main goal is to find a well tolerated regimen that you can potentially take for many years. Stopping therapy introduces a number of negative variables; they would have to be offset by a different set of benefits to stopping.

I hope this helps and wish you well, BY

Lipo
CD4 Percentage