Re: Just Tested

Dear Dr. Young:

Thank you for yor quick response. Your advise gave me a relief. My doctor was the one who told me about this website and when I see him on my next appt. on Mar. 5th, he said, he'd expect many questions from me.

I wish you continued success!

My original post:

Just tested positive 2 days ago on President's Day (2.18.08). I'm very scared, shocked and depressed. My doctor will run another test to confirm in 2 weeks. I'm also diabetic since I was 13 years old (now I'm 29). He told me to worry about my diabetic condition than being HIV positve. I will see him on March 5, 2008 to see the results for confirmation. For now, he prescribes me to take Valtrex. He gave me shots like Hep A & B and Tatanus.

I'm currently taking Hydroxyzine for my rashes/hives and sleeping pills. And I'm taking Avandamet4 for my blood sugar.

Should I start taking Valtrex? He told me to wait for the results before I go under treatment. I thought Valtrex is with people who has Genetal Herpes isn't? I don't think I have herpes. Please help!