Meds

I've been positive for almost 2 years, My CD4 is around 650 and my viral load is now undectable, I am taking 1 Kivexa and 3 Rayetaz per day, I am always feeling nauseous (especially in the mornings) and I've noticed that my overall appetite has changed, I've tried to alter my diet but alas no luck, I've had 3 major bouts with pnemounia in the last 2 years and I catch a cold when someone whispers, I am a 41 year old male and a smoker, I was wondering if you had any suggestions re: the above side effects.

Thanks

Jim

Dear Jim,

The nausea may be coming from the HIV meds and there may be other options depending on your history. I would discuss this with your doc. If a change is not desired, then trying various anti-nausea medications may do the trick.

The colds and pneumonia suggest a problem with your immune function despite a good CD4 cell count. The smoking may be the culprit. Stopping smoking should be your number one priority. In the US there is a new medication called Chantix that is working well for my patients. Regardless, you should cut down by 50% then try to quit.

Good luck

help for the people who posted INDIA and HIV.. dr young plz post
Bleed during intercourse(both are HIV negative)