Viral load test
Feb 13, 2008
my husband is + and I am -. his cd4 is 800 and viral load is 40. what is the result mean? Thank you vey much and God bless you.
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
These labs indicate that your husband has a normal level of CD4 cells and hence, essentially normal immune function and extremely low risk of AIDS complications. He also has a very low (?undetecable) viral load- either this means that he is successfully on HIV medications, or is one of the fortunate persons with a very active immune control of the virus.
I hope this answers your questions. Best of health to both of you. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Testicular Pain A Sign Of AIDS?
- Diarrhea After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.