Results TCell/VL Smoking

I just gave bloodwork again and doc said bloodwork is excellent, undectable and tcells at 543 - 4 months ago my tcells were 580 - He said this is very normal? Your thoughts?

I smoke weed in moderation sometimes more will this effect a decrease in tcells - how bad is weed for you being hiv positive?

THANK YOU

The change is your CD4 cells is completely meaningless. The variability in these cells day to day and in the test used to measure them can easily explain the small decline in your counts. In HIV it is important to look at trends, not isolated results.

Smoking marijuana is considered much less of a hazard compared to the substances many people living with HIV have trouble with such as crack cocaine, heroin and meth. That said, it is not completely without an impact on health.

Smoking anything can raise the risk of lung cancer and there are numerous reports regarding the effect of pot on thinking. In addition, more recent work suggests it is bad for your teeth. It is unclear if it lowers CD4 cells.

If smoking marijuana relieves nausea or increases appetite in an otherwise wasted individual, the benefits of the stuff may outweigh its health negatives. But, if you can do with out it, you should.

How about a little bit of grapefruit juce
recently diagnosed