|How about a little bit of grapefruit juce
Feb 9, 2008
I am taking Sustiva and Kivexa. I know that there is an interaction between grapefruit and Sustiva. Before being hiv+, I used to drink some quite often. I am abstinent since I am under treatment. Can I drink grapefruit juice once in a while ? Thanks
| Response from Dr. Wohl
A few sips here and there should be okay, especially hours after you have taken the meds. But, if it were me, I would continue to abstain - especially since I hate grapefruit juice.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hiv Through Contact With A Bloody Cut?
- How Long Does A Sore Throat Last With Early Hiv?
- What Percentage Of People In The World Have Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Is The Percentage Of People With Herpes?
- What Is The Hpv Titer Blood Test?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Warts And Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.