India and HIV

Hi Doctor, a family member has informed us one month back that she is HIV+. She has been HIV+ for the last 12 yrs. She has been on medication for the past 12 yrs but in the last 1 year she has lost a lot of weight and feels very weak. she now weighs 97 pounds.I am from INDIA. We need to urgently take her to a doctor/specialist in INDIA or abroad. I am not very confident of the doctor currently treating her. Please can you recommend me some reputed doctors in india or anywhere in the world. Please do this to help us save her.

Thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear about your family member. It sounds like she may be experiencing treatment failure or toxicity. It's also quite possible that she has a AIDS-related infection or complication.

First, it would be valuable to find out what your family member's doctor or healthcare provider's assessment of the situation is.

There are many very experienced HIV doctors in India. The best way to approach this situation is to contact one of your local (or national) AIDS service organizations or case manager. They should be able to locate a doctor in whom you can develop confidence.

Best of luck, BY

What are the deadly side effects of Truvada and Reyataz combo
Resistance problem