afraid of starting meds

I've been hiv+ since 2002. My cd4 is currently 298 and vl is 150,000. My doctor has been vigilent in trying to get me to start meds. After all is said and done, and after my last lab results, he prescribed atripla. How effective is that for a first time user? HELP!!!

Thanks for your post.

I agree with your doctor that it is a reasonable time to start treatment. Atripla is a widely used and very highly recommended first-line treatment for HIV. Do a quick search of the forum and you'll find lots of information and experiences about Atripla.

BY

What exactly is Adherence?
interactions