|afraid of starting meds
Feb 1, 2008
I've been hiv+ since 2002. My cd4 is currently 298 and vl is 150,000. My doctor has been vigilent in trying to get me to start meds. After all is said and done, and after my last lab results, he prescribed atripla. How effective is that for a first time user? HELP!!!
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
I agree with your doctor that it is a reasonable time to start treatment. Atripla is a widely used and very highly recommended first-line treatment for HIV. Do a quick search of the forum and you'll find lots of information and experiences about Atripla.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When Should You Get Tested For Chlamydia Again After Treatment?
- What To The Herpes Ulcer Look Like?
- What If Chlamydia Doesn't Go Away?
- What Are The Warning Signs Of Gonorrhea And Chlamydia?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- What Are All The Ways Of Contracting Syphilis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.