CD4 % and Bactrim
Jan 22, 2008
The MD I work with prescribes Bactrim for all HIV + patients with CD4 percentages of <20. Chronic (over 1-2 years)Bactrim therapy is often the result. What is the latest protocol for Bactrim and CD4 percentage?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Typically we'll discontinue PCP prophylaxis (Bactrim, Septra or others) when we have confirmed CD4 absolute counts above 200 and percentages above 15%.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Amoxicillin Syphilis Treatment
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.