low cd 4 count

I started with a cd4 count of 44 18 months ago it hasnt got passed 145 in that time. Its now 110, will it get any better, or will it keep falling? (viral load has been undetectable for over a year)

Thanks for your post.

Usually persons with very low initial CD4 counts take longer to see their counts rise to normal levels. In this regard your relative slow response is expected and your disappointment understandable.

You may be over interpreting a single (most recent) lab tests; if your CD4% continue to stay stable or are rising, then I'd not worry.

On the other hand, if the percentage and absolute counts show repeated declines, then it may be time to reassess if there is something else contributing to your lack of response. For example, is there a second infection (or God forbid, tumor), or is there a underperformance of your HIV medications? In some circumstances like this, we'll do bone marrow biopsies or if there is no other indicator, switch HIV medications.

I hope this is helpful. Best of health to you, BY

Good Cocktail?
Starting Med at 350? 250? 200?