For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Good Cocktail?

Hi. I am currently on Atripla (1x p/day) and Zerit (20 MG x2 p/day). Additionally, I take Propranolol ER (60 mg) for anxiety/sinus tachycardia (strss test and EKG were both fine). I am wondering if I should consider changing the HIV cocktail especially since I have heard bad things about Zerit. I thank you in advance for any information that could provide.

Thank you for your post.

I am curious about your regimen- if this is your first treatment (or if you don't have any previous history of drug resistance), then Atripla alone should be more than adequate treatment for HIV. In this setting the addition of Zerit (d4T) only adds to the pill count, dosing frequency and risk of side effects.

I'd talk to your doctor about the reason why he or she thinks that you need the forth medication before changing anything; let us know how this discussion turns out.

Best of health, BY

Ulcers and HIV
low cd 4 count