Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Can a partner not pass it on?

My partner was recently diagnosed with HIV, and we have been together for a over a year. I tested negative over two months ago, and we have not had contact in nearly four-five months. Is there a chance that I did not contract HIV? His doctor says yes, but how long until I can safely know. How long should I continue to test until I am in the clear if that is possible?

Thanks for your post.

Yes, it is entirely possible that you don't have HIV. If you have a negative HIV test six months after your last real exposure, you can rest easy.

In serodiscordant couples, like yours, I recommend routine testing every 6-12 months, just to be sure.

BY

After Risk Practice
not on meds!