LASIK and HIV

I am HIV+ for 10 years, my viral load has been consistently undetectable and the CD4 are around 1.000. I am taking Stokrin and Truvada. I am thinking about doing a laser eye surgery for correcting myopia. Are there any extra risks involved in this procedure due to the fact that I am HIV+ or because of the drugs that I am taking?

Thanks for your post.

HIV patients, especially those with normal CD4s and undetectable viral loads like you are not at any excess surgical risk for complications.

Hence, there's no particular reason why you couldn't have corrective eye surgery. Just be sure to let the ophthamologist know about your status and all of the medications that you're taking.

BY

meds
My new combination of hiv treatment