|How many years i can live?
Jan 15, 2008
Hello Dr. Young, first of all i am thank ful for your answers in this site.I am tested for HIV+ with CD4 400 and viralcount 20,000 may i know for how many years still i can live if i start medication from now.
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post and comments.
In general, I tell my newly diagnosed patients that I expect them to live normal (or near-normal) life spans.
Current guidelines don't strongly recommend treatment for asymptomatic patients with CD4s of 400, though there is clearly a trend towards earlier starts with our newer and better tolerated medications.
Best of health to you in the new year, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Live 40 Years With Hiv?
- Loose Stool Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Elisa
- Bloody Urine After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.