Jan 9, 2008
Can I take an over the counter drug that would be the equivalent of protonix, I am not insured and cannot afford the prescription?
Response from Dr. Young
Omeprazole is an over the counter proton-pump inhibitor-- the same class of drug as Protonix. They are comparable in effectiveness.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can A Woman Transmit Hiv To A Man Through Fellatio?
- Hiv Negative Immune System Disorder
- What Happens If Bacterial Vaginosis Is Not Treated?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- Transmission Of Shingles
- Took Antibiotics As Prescribed For Chlamydia And Still Have Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.